Outreach Home | Outreach Calendar | Annual Summaries | Outreach Materials
Outreach - Gramene's Past and Upcoming Outreach Events
- January 13-17, 2007. PAG XV. Sandiego, CA, USA
- 1/16/07 - Workshop: Using Gramene
- March 12-14 - North American Wheat Workers Workshop, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada.
- March 15-18, 2007. CSHL Plant Genome meeting
- Posters, attend meetings
- March 22-25, 2007. Maize Genetics Meeting
- Attend meetings, possible workshop and posters
- March 23, 2007. Educators' Professional Development Day, Cornell University
- April 16-20, 2007. ITMI, Israel.
- May 8-12, 2007. Biology of Genomes
- Attend meetings
- May 21-23, 2007. Agron_Omics Workshop - Ontologies, standards and best practice. Ghent, Belgium.
- June 10-11, 2007. RCN Plant and Trait Ontology Workshop
- July 21-27, 2007. ASPB-BSA. Chicago, Ill.
- Demonstration with TAIR and SGN
- August 29-31, 2007. Environmental Ontology Workshop, Oxford, UK.
- September 22-23, 2007. AOS workshop at FAO. Rome, Italy.
- Plant and Animal Genome XIV Conference, January 14-18, 2006, San Diego, CA, USA
- 1/17/06 Workshop: Using Gramene (Description)
- Poster: Gramene Diversity Module: Sharing The Data Behind Germplasm, QTL, And Breeding Studies (Abstract)
- Gramene Overview Poster - Abstract
- Comparative Genome Analysis Poster - Abstract
- NESCent- GMOD meeting, January
- Genomics:GTL/Metabolic Engineering investigator workshop, 13-Feb
- Lecture: Gramene: Lessons Learned
- Cornell Teaching: Ontology section, Feb
- Rice Technical Working Group Meeting, Feb. 26-Mar. 1, 2006, The Woodlands, Texas, USA
- Generation Challenge program, March 2006, Univ. of Pretoria, South Africa
- Plant Breeding Seminar, Mar 21, Cornell University, Ithaca
- From complex phenotypes to candidate genes, Bioinformatics tools in Gramene
- Maize Genetics
- Biology of Genomes, May 10-14.
- Posters - Cmap, Omap
- Phylogenomics Ontology workshop, May
- Deep Gene Project
- POC Workshop, May/June, Cornell
- RiceCAPS, June 2006 DNA MARKERS, MAPPING, AND BEYOND. Gramene Workshops
- NESCent - GMOD meeting, June 2006
- BioPAX pathway meeting, July
- Gramene Presentation
- Symposium of Computations in Bioinformatics and Bioscience, June 20-24
- Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, June 26
- Gene Ontology Consortium meeting, July 2006
- ASPB, Boston, August 5-9.
- Genome Informatics, September 13-17, Hinxton, Uk.
- Poster: RiceCyc - A metabolic pathway database for rice
- Crop Genomics, Trait Analysis and Breeding, November 8-11, 2006, Hinxton, UK.
- Presentation: The Gramene Genome Browser; Visualisation of Annotation on Plant Genomes
- Data Warehouse Technologies in Bioinformatics, December 4-6, 2006, Leucorea, Wittenberg, Germany.
- Presentation: Gramene: a community resource for plant comparative genomics
- Gramene: A genomics and genetics resource for rice. Rice Genetics Newsletter, 2006, Vol. 22, No. 1. 9-16.
- Gramene: a bird's eye view of cereal genomes. Nucleic Acids Research, 2006 Jan 1;34(Database issue):D717-23.
- Plant and Animal Genome XIII, January 2005, CA, USA
- Computer Demo, RCN Ontology Workshop as part of Development and Implemention of Ontologies in the Database: An NSF sponsored Training Workshop
- Gramene: A Comparative Mapping Resource For The Grasses
- An Update On Gramene QTL Data Module Poster Abstract
- Gramene Comparative Genome Views: How Can Gramene Leverage Rice For The Other Grasses? Poster Abstract
- Gramene Diversity Module: Sharing The Data Behind Germplasm, QTL, And Breeding Studies Poster Abstract
- Gramene: A Comparative Mapping Resource For The Grasses Poster Abstract
- GDPC: The Genomic Diversity And Phenotype Connection: Open-Source Platform For Accessing Public Data Via XML Web Services Poster Abstract.
- Intl. Grass Genome Initiative - Genomes And Phenomes, What Do Rice, Maize, Millet And Wheat Have In Common? (workshop)
- 47th Annual Maize Genetics Conference, March 13-15, 2005, Lake Geneva, WI, USA.
Participants: Ed Buckler, Doreen Ware, Wei Zhao, Payan Canaran, Junjian Ni
- ISMB 2005, June 25-29, Detroit, MI
- Plant Biology, 2005, July 16-20.
Comparative Genome Analysis in Gramene. (workshop)
- Cereal Genomic Workshop, September 2005, Cold Spring Harbor, NY
Participants: Doreen Ware, Claire Hebbard;
- Overviews and Exercises
- Poster: The Gramene Database: A Comparative Genomics Resource for Grasses.
- Computer Demo and Lab exercises for Cornell's graduate students in Plant Breeding; Oct 18, 2005
- American Society of Plant Biology Plant Genetics; October 2005, Snowbird, Utah, USA
- The Gramene Database: A Comparative Genomics Resource for Grasses. Presenter: Pankaj Jaiswal, Abstract
- 2nd Rice Annotation Project (RAP2) workshop, Nov, 2005, Philippines. Attending Pankaj Jaiswal.
- 5th International Rice Genetics Symposium, 19-23 November 2005, Manila, Philippines. Attending: Pankaj Jaiswal, Noel Yap, Susan McCouch
1st International Biocurator Meeting, December 8-11, 2005, Pacific Grove, CA
- Pathwaytool workshop, Dec, 2005 . Attending: Dean Ravenscroft
- Syngenta Millet and Sorghum Workshop, AZ, USA, November 2004
- American Society of Plant Biologists, FL, USA, July 2004
- Maize Genetics, Genomics, and Bioinformatics, Mexico, March 2004
- 30th Rice Technical Working Group, LA, USA, February 2004
- Knowledge Discovery in Genomic Databases: a PASI on Data Mining Applications for Genomics and Bioinformatics, Uruguay, February 2004
- Plant and Animal Genome XII, CA, USA, January 2004
High School Outreach:
- Dolan Learning Center - Apollo Project
- NSF Plant Genome Research High School Interns - Reviewed a Gramene-developed Bioinformatics activity with the students. The students assisted with the development of Oryza and Zea species pages.
Plant and Animal Genome XI, CA, USA, January 2004