Species | Rice | Maize | Wheat | Barley | Oats | Foxtail Millet | Pearl Millet | Rye | Sorghum | Wild Rice | Brachypodium | Oryza Species | Grape | Arabidopsis
The following recipes were submitted by the Gramene Team:
Ken's Killer Banana Bread
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup applesauce
1/2 stick butter
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup cake flour *
3 mashed bananas with 1 tsp lemon juice
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp allspice
1 tsp almond extract
1/2 cup sour cream **
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
9 tbsp buttermilk
Cream together sugar, applesauce, butter and eggs. Mix in flours, spices, nuts, bananas and sour cream. Dissolve soda in milk until foamy, fold into batter. Divide into two greased and floured loaf pans. Bake 1 hour at 325-350F.
* or 1/2 cup cake flour and 1/2 cup regular
** alternately replace half sour cream with buttermilk
Dr. Ni's Fried Wonton
Seafood Essential 300 g (could be replaced by minced pork for pork wonton)
Smoked Ham 4 slices
One pack of wonton pastry (get from Chinese or Asian grocer's stores) or find a recipe such as this one.
Some parsley (for side dish)
1 tsp Soya Sauce
1 tsp corn flour
0.5 tsp sugar
0.5 tsp salt
2 tbsp oil
- Keep the egg white for sticking up pastries.
- Cut smoked ham, Chinese mushroom (softened in water) and seafood essential into dices; then marinate the mushroom and seafood with seasonings for 30 minutes. After that, stir with ham then put into fridge for 1 hour. (This is the stuffing)
- Take a piece of Wonton Pastry, put in about 1 teaspoon stuffing; and then fold up like a little pocket using the egg white to stick up the edge.
- Prepare oil, and then deep fry the wonton. Put finished wonton on kitchen paper to absorb extra oil.
- Garnish with Parsley and serve.
Other sources of recipes: